Sunday, June 20, 2010

po-ehms

              


POEHMS


I lay in a cloud
hacked to death...
You had spoken severely
to my second cousin's neighbor's friend's
baker's lover's mother.

     *

When I am at a great distance from a person
I look very much forward
to striking him with lightning

with the lightning of my "good intentions."

     *

If I could eat your heart
everything would be so simple...
Don't look at me like that!
A butterfly's mind is mostly wind;
I blow mine in your ear.

     *

The owl is staring
right through my kind of sorry.
It's not a real owl.
but that's okay.

This isn't a real poem.

     *

We could go to a funeral.
We could go to sleep.
We could go to a buffet.
We could go to cheat.
We could go to sleep again (pretend).

     *

A comet that appears possibly to be
unimaginably not against me
unzippers (then zippers) the night sky
behind it as it goes,
exactly how I would visit you.

     *

I like to keep monkeys hanging
in different rooms of the house.
I don't believe in babies.
I don't answer the telephone,
so I don't have rabies.

     *

Crows are doing surgery
on black trash bags out back.
Each makes noises like a witch.
That bag looks like the avulsed testicle
of a guy fucked the conveyer belt at work,
got stuck and couldn't reach the switch.

     *

A butterfly
taking a long time to die
would be, obviously, a comedy...

     *

Today was a peaceful day.
Some sparrows showered in street dust.
The absence of italics
made all the goddamn difference in the world.

     *

Fortune cookies can be quite nasty.
One threatened me
the other day; it said
"You will fall in love
with the eggplant man."

     *

A monkey loves a bullhorn.
A goldfinch loves a string.
A beetle loves a dung.
But you don't love a thing.

     *

"We are going to run away
from our husbands
and live in a red maple."
The albino squirrel in a dream
proved terribly bossy.

And I said, "Okay..."

     *

My God! Do you even know the difference between...

a yanker and a yankee
Baltimore oriole and scarlet tanager
straight and hetero
a child and a chump
a chump and a chimp

?????????????????


     *

The ending is strange.
That cloud has expectations of a recording career.
An efflorescence like a harpooning
opened you up to me.

     *

Drink out of this E.T. glass
if you love me.
Drink and stare at E.T.
Now. Are you tame yet?

Where did the fucking subtitles go?

     *

My piss is bleached this morning,
weeks drinking ice water.
I wander this forest
and see buffalo after buffalo.
Your Nutella philosophy.

     *

I am lifted by a spiteful breeze.
In the dream a butterfly
is disgusted by the state
of my stable.

     *

You rise like a galaxy.
You scream like a baby.
You fuck like a trailer park.
You look good in "maybe."

     *

I lay in another cloud.
Nature had sporked me.
How could I explain to my parents?

I was afraid to go home.

     *

I remember a vanished glue!

Twas called mucilage...
seemed honey and sperm mixed.
And the bottle had a rubber tip
like a dog's dick!

     *

I am out in left field
with no idea of what to do with summer.
Discalced and sweaty,
I want to suck clover off
with my nasty temperament.

     *

A scab of great beauty
falls off your poem.
Jealousy's a dog's dick.
See how much I love you?
A sparrow sets its beak to STUN.

     *

Death's not a problem.
Ruin is healthy.
Gossip (nature's) is holy.

A smashed man is wealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment