Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Am Ashamed

of the way I conducted myself towards a friend the other day.

And here arrives this splendid flock of books in my mailbox from Lunar Chandelier Press (love the name--reminds me of Mina Loy's Lunar Baedeker).

Thank You, Lyn, and I look very much forward to reading all of these.

And I'm sorry.

I can't even look at my email box. I hide under another email that nobody knows because of meltdowns like the one I had the other day...and the undeserved bile I spewed...

My memory is a Medusa. I can't face it.

And another wonderful book from Burning Deck (I have always depended upon the kindness of Waldrops)* was enjoying conjugal bliss with your books in my mailbox!

What can I say? It's a cold, rainy day in Pennsylvania.

I don't think we should blame books for thinking that way.





*it's okay to vomit into your mouth (just a lil) here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,

    It's okay, Bill. Don't worry about it. Thanks for the apology.

    Lunar Chandelier does actually quote Mina Loy, sort of their motto, or something like that.

    Hope you enjoy the books. I'd be interested to hear what you make of Joe Elliot's work. Very understated but beautiful writing, I think.

    Take care,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete