Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some Poems for F.W.

ODD MAN OUT

Now look who's The Love
that Dare Not Speak its Name.

Like telling someone you believe
a Giant Petsmart in the Sky.

Pity, amusement, irritation
are the kinder responses.

The great cosmic game
of Fetch

goes on.
Throw the prayer stick

further into the ocean
this time okay?

I want to really feel
my stupid legs.


I beg to bark.
I bark to beg.





THE BEFORELIFE


I guess it shows
my weakness of mind
that I'm surprised
everyone doesn't end
a suicide.

I don't understand
the body's talking over
pointlessness of pain
that is no etude,
that will never
yield to finitude.

I guess I dishonor that animal
who reinvented death
after God breathed

its last, modern breath.

Holding holding,
a rabbit in snow.
Icicles in its fur,
speechless, ceaseless eye.

Something clearly is
that loves our Insane Wall.






BECKETT

Many words seem only to exist
to euthanize an apologetic
endlessness





NEW RELIGION


The night is tired of me.
I can feel
its haywire, hog-tied bones.

I tried apologizing
and that didn't work.

Every day, I put on
another skin shirt.

I have no idea
where this belongs.

I think in this life
you can either be funny

or wrong.





LOVE POEM


What I love most about you
is your incredible distance.

Thank You for having it.

Having me instead, or having
had any less, would only
have caused us great Distress.

So cadaverless windowless egoless
I love you best.

My Ain True Abscess.





SPLINT OF FLIGHT


Being crazy,
I am always trying

to divorce
my Divorce

from the human race.
It's like an ornithopter

built out of popsicle sticks
in 1911, crashed

in 1912. In a sense,
I'm no different from the fossil

Archaeopteryx.
Except made out

of popsicle sticks.






RHETOR


Nothing is arguably
anything else.

It either is
or it isn't.

No point in making
non-Occam hells.

Everything is arguably
everything else.

Reality's hermit crab
loves its magnanimity of shells.

And somewhere is always
somewhere else.

An answer is rarely
any help.




VICARIOUS PRAYER FOR YOU

Language has sensitive skin
and body dysmorphia.

Just look at King Tut.

What a Big Little Twat.

The only hat worth wearing
if you love people

is an Asshat. So.

Pray for that.






LOVESTONED


I fell in love once
with a velociraptor.

It was only my eggs
that he was after.

Then a meteorite
made him extinct.

This is a long story
I have made succinct.






RAID


Only a poet
could have jingled
"KILLS BUGS DEAD!"

--Lew Welch (1926-1971?)
Vanished poet,
presumed suicide.

Millions remember him
for that one quip.
who came to self-harm.

Some light came on
and he ran for cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment